One of Atari's upcoming release's is Blade Kitten. An action game with a very distinct art style that's deceptively cute until lead character Kit Ballard starts to kick all kinds of ass with her cat self. But of course, there's more to Blade Kitten than it's combat. There is indeed a story and that's what this new trailer below displays:
- 19 levels including 3 exploration levels with Noot (a rideable alien mount). The exciting first of a two part mini-series available exclusively via digital distribution
- Pick up-and-play arcade action. Players can jump right in and easily begin exploring and fighting their way through levels.
- Straight forward gameplay mechanics. Harkens back to the simpler side scrolling games of yesteryear but with the depth that modern players demand.
- Intuitive “scramble style” exploration. Kit’s innate feline abilities enable her to easily traverse environments. Her free-running meets rock-climbing style movement is designed to encourage players to explore the dangerous world of Hollow Wish.
- Fully voiced dialogue. Krome and Blade Kitten creative director flew to LA to personally sit in with professional voice actors to record all of the games dialogue.
- Dramatic Narrative and Powerful Visual Direction. Blade Kitten goes well beyond most downloadable titles to deliver a strong narrative, and a colorful, frenetic visual style that will be embraced by anime fans and casual gamers.
- From million-selling game creator Steve Stamatiadis. The Blade Kitten universe is the creation of Krome Co-Founder and Creative Director Steve Stamatiadis, his first new Intellectual Property since creating the multi-million selling “TY the Tasmanian TigerTM” series.
Blade Kitten can be pre-ordered on Steam now for $14.99 and will be releasing soon on the Xbox 360 (XBLA), PS3 (PSN), and PC.