In case you missed Nintendo Direct Pre E3 2012 here are the hard facts found with Nintendo Direct Pre E3 2012:
- The new Wii U controller is now called the "Wii U Gamepad".
- The NFC Reader/Writer (the "button" underneath the D-pad on the left side of the controller) is used to scan in cards.
- The Controller can be turned on separate from the console and be used to turn on/off the Wii U Console.
- The Controller has Gryro and Motion sensing just as the Wii-mote.
- The Wii U will support the new Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Mote, Wii Balance Board, and Classic Controller.
- Is Nintendo starting a Nintendo Social network for Mii's? Is that Mii Wara Wara?
- Miiverse = Mii Universe is the name of Nintendo's "Communication System". This menu can be accessed at anytime.
- Hand written messages and screenshots can be sent over the Miiverse.
- Screen on controller termed "Social Window".
- Nintendo Network to connect all Nintendo devices. Nintendo Network to be accessed from mobile phones as well.
- A web browser is also avaiable on both the console for your tv and on the Wii U Controller. A curtain of sorts can be applied to the TV to allow for private browsing on the controller alone.
*More info to come in the days ahead from E3.