If there's one thing that we can do as an industry as a whole is too not get too caught up in the releases throughout the year that are sporting multi-million [insert currency here] budgets. There are lots of developers out there who are talented and very much deserving of having their work thrown in with everyone else. Apart of this "underground" world is indeed Xbox LIVE Indies. There isn't exactly a dearth of old school RPG action going around these days and the Xbox LIVE Indie channel is where you'll find Cthulhu Saves the World. For a measly 240 Microsoft Points you'll find what most certainly won't find from retail now a days.
- An epic journey of redemption and insanity!
- Classic 8/16-bit style combined with the best of modern gameplay design.
- 720p! Parallax scrolling! Backgrounds!
- Use magic and skills to inflict insanity upon your opponents! Insane enemies are more dangerous but also more vulnerable!
- More accessible than ever before! Collect Save Notebooks to save wherever you like! Collect 1Ups to retry failed battles!
- 7 playable characters - Umi the beautiful heroine with an unhealthy obsession with the ocean, Sharpe the sentient floating sword, October the cute necromancer, Paws the alien cat, Dacre a senile old man, Ember the dark dragon, and of course, Cthulhu from the classic horror of H.P. Lovecraft!
- A 6-10 hour main quest with multiple difficulties and post-game modes like Score Attack and Highlander to increase replayability!
All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned - fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, unite techniques, branching LV-Ups, and more!